Subscribe to Gifts of Gab Now

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Introduction

Life rarely turns out the way we plan. Yet those unplanned events are often the most defining moments in our lives. I have had many of those defining moments and at first glance, my many career incarnations may appear scattered and unfocused. But when seen through God’s eyes they all become a clear picture of who God intended me to be.

When I was 13 years old, I decided I wanted to be a singer. As it turned out, I had a gift that my parents supported and I was given access to the best vocal teachers in the world. I trained for over twenty years and had much success before I was called to the second aspect of who I was to become. Through a series of “coincidences” I found and enrolled in the New Focus Institute of Hypnotherapy. I wanted to help people overcome obstacles that held them back in their lives and so I became a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist. I kept getting calls from people who were in serious spiritual crisis and while I was able to help them to some degree, I felt called to know more about how our connection to spirit and God affected our lives and how to heal spiritual crisis. That brought me to the Albert Grier Ministerial School where I decided to become a New Thought minister so that I could be a spiritual counselor. But under no circumstances would I be a pulpit minister. I did not want to speak in public. As usual God had other plans. It turned out that I had another gift, the gift of gab, and so I became just that, a pulpit minister. I felt called to share the wisdom God gave me with everyone and so I decided to be a writer as well. Talk about having an identity crisis, what was I, a singer, a hypnotherapist/spiritual counselor, a minister or a writer. After years of ping ponging between all of these careers, thinking I had to focus on one, I had a revelation. The common denominator between all of these careers is my voice. I realize now that God wants me to use every aspect of my voice to help heal the world.


I have found that our soul’s journey is deeper and more complicated than we know. We are evolving Souls that have been given many gifts that we are meant to use. My intention for this blog is to help us get out of our own way so that we can use all of our gifts, talents and experiences for one purpose, our soul evolution.

I am Rev. Gabrielle Michel, singer, hypnotherapist/spiritual counselor, minister and writer and hope sharing my gifts will inspire you to share yours.

5 comments:

Vampire Hours said...

Yeah! Welcome to the blogging world, Gabitha! Come on in...would you like a tasty beverage?

Unknown said...

Oh boy! You got it! We have always known that you were masterful at all these talents. I am thrilled you are not zeroing in on one of these gifts but sharing them all. What a great way for me to start every day, with you, my wonderfully talented friend and daughter.

Rev. Gabrielle Michel said...

Yes Kennetha, I would like a tasty beverage!

Thanks Mom, although I am not sure I'll be able to post something new EVERY day, but I'll try.

LisaDawn said...

Gab, as I've said before, "You are my inspiration as well as my guide." You enrich the life of all you touch. I'm so lucky to have you for a friend for 30 yrs. WOW.

Wayne said...

Hi Gab, I really enjoyed your blog. It's great to know you have discovered your path and are putting your gifts to good purpose. Keep it up. Love to you and the family. Uncle Wayne